There was a stop-use order on the the barrell and the solvent that were being used during the incident confirmed Bancarz. Around 3:40 p.m. on Aug. 18, three people were moving a pump from one barrel to another when the incident occurred injurying co-owner Myung Kun Song, an employee and a visitor. Song is expected to come home sometime this week from Edmonton and the surgeries were successful for all, confirmed co-owner Heebo Jo on Monday. Jo explained the business is new to both co-owners who have taken ownership since July 10. “We took over this business recently and we didn’t know all the safety procedures for a car wash,” he added. Since the flash fire and the stop-use order, the business has taken precautionary health and safety measures to prevent from similar incidents happening in the future. One of the changes the business has made is to not use any inflammable products and switched out for water-based products that are flame retardant.

For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/three-men-recovering-after-suffering-burn-wounds/

You may also be interested to read